Forum rules - please read before posting.

Menu transition

Hi Chris,

I have a question about Menu transitions. I am using a menu to show Messages in the game, for example: when the player pick up an object, I am using a menu panning from the right showing the message "You have acquired the object" in a 2 s transition. This works fine, but then the menu with the message stays in the screen forever.
What I would like to do is to keep the message in the screen for few seconds (while gameplay continues) and then the menu disappears automatically, but I am not sure what is the best way to do this.

Any AC expert that can help with this?

Thank you and sorry if it is a very obvious question!

Comments

• edited May 2023

Make sure your menu has "Pause game when enabled" unchecked, and add an actionlist to the "ActionList when turn on:" field. In that actionlist, start with an Engine > Wait action (however long you want the message to be displayed), followed by an action to turn the menu off. Also make sure the actionlist is configured to run in the background instead of pausing gameplay.

• Hey Rairun, it works like a charm! I forgot about the "Run in background" option in the Actionlist!
    Thank you so much for the help!!!