Forum rules - please read before posting.

Prevent Menu from Opening Mobile Keyboard

I have a keypad in my game that when numbers are selected it prints out the numbers in an onscreen display.

To achieve this I created a new menu, and adding an Input Element. Using variables to store the string, I use the Action Type: Set input box text, to display the numbers that have been pressed on the onscreen keypad.

My problem arose when I built this to mobile. It is this when I enable the menu, the phones keyboard pops up, and it pops up when I interact with the inventory.
I attempted to get around this by switching from an Input Element to a Label Element, but the Action Type: Set input box text, isn't displaying anything when I set the text to the string variable. After a lot of playing around I dont know if there is an error on my part, or this isn't something that the system can do.

Is there a way to prevent the keyboard popups (the menu has ignore input turned on) using the input element or any suggestions on how to set a labels text using a variable

Any help would be most appreciated.

Comments

• The Input element assumes control of its display to the user via keyboard input.

If you're using an onscreen keypad, and not requiring the user to physically press a key on their device/keyboard, and just want to display text on-screen as feedback, switch to a Label element instead.

You can display a variable's value inside a Label element using tokens. A variable's Replacement token is listed in its properties box - copying this and setting it to a Label's text field will cause that Label to display its value.

A tutorial on using tokens to display variable values in Menus can be found here.

• Thanks Chris, I followed that tutorial and was able to use ti to solve my issue.