Forum rules - please read before posting.

Player name showing after upgrade

I almost hate to ask, but after I upgraded AC to 1.77.3 , the Player Name now shows in the dialogue box (see image).
Is there a toggle where I can turn this off, or is this by design? The name was not displaying in the previous version.
I'm sure it's something very simple that I am overlooking. Thanks in advance.

Image: https://imgur.com/1oMUe24

Unity version: 2021.3.21f1
now AC version: 1.77.3

Comments

• The name should show by default - did you hide previously from within the Menu Manager's Subtitles menu?

Check that you haven't reverted back to the default Managers - if you import AC in full, you will need to re-assign your Managers by double-clicking the ManagerPackage asset created by the New Game Wizard besides your game's Managers folder.

• Thanks Chris, and yes I did a full AC import (note to self, always do a backup first...LOL). I guess I did not realize the name was classified as a submenu. I found what needed to be adjusted (image supplied in case anyone else needs to know).
    THANKS again for putting up with all us novice game makers.

Image: https://imgur.com/MZcgmuj

• Your screenshot shows you're using the Demo_MenuManager asset file - you should avoid this if possible, since it will be overwritten each time you import AC updates - see the warning box towards the top.

If you haven't used the New Game Wizard already, you should do so - it'll create a new set of Managers for you that won't be affected by imports. If you have already, you'll just need to re-assign them.

A tutorial on this topic can be found here.

• edited May 2023

My rookie mistake...thanks for pointing this out Chris.

When I upgraded AC to 1.77.3 I guess it changed back to the default MenuManager. I changed back to mine and All Is Good...thanks again.

• When I upgraded AC to 1.77.3 I guess it changed back to the default MenuManager.

It will. You can avoid this by omitting the /AdventureCreator/Resources/References file from the import - otherwise, you can re-assign your Managers afterwards.

The Manual's "Updating Adventure Creator" chapter covers this in a little more detail.