Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hiding cursor when camera is moving

edited May 2023 in Technical Q&A

I'm trying to build a feature to temporarily disable the cursor and hotspot labels - the cursor still works and hotspots highlight, they are just invisible. This is the code I have so far

if (AC.KickStarter.cursorManager.cursorDisplay == CursorDisplay.Never)
            {
                AC.KickStarter.cursorManager.cursorDisplay = CursorDisplay.Always;
                AC.PlayerMenus.GetElementWithName("Hotspot", "HotspotLabel").IsVisible = true;
            }
            else
            {
                AC.KickStarter.cursorManager.cursorDisplay = CursorDisplay.Never;
                AC.PlayerMenus.GetElementWithName("Hotspot", "HotspotLabel").IsVisible = false;

}

This works, except the cursor turns back on during camera transitions and over hotspots. I can Fix this by changing the size of the Hotspot and Cutscene cursor in the cursor manager, but I can't figure out how to access those two cursors by script. AC.KickStarter.cursorManager.GetCursorIconFromID(0) only seems to work for the list of interaction cursors.

Comments

• The "cursorDisplay" property refers only to the "main" cursor.

You can get API references to the Hotspot and Cutscene cursors by right-clicking their texture fields:

AC.KickStarter.cursorManager.mouseOverIcon
    AC.KickStarter.cursorManager.waitIcon

Alternatively, you can disable the entire cursor system completely with:

AC.KickStarter.stateHandler.SetCursorSystem (false);

If you're using Software cursor rendering, that should prevent any rendering.

If you're using Hardware, you'd then have to separately hide the Unity cursor, which can be done with:

Cursor.visible = false;

• Works perfectly, thank you!