Forum rules - please read before posting.

A new objective notification

Hello everyone,

I've been really enjoying using AC but there's one feature I just can't figure out how to do. I'm using the AC Objectives menu which appears after clicking the 'Tasks' button as shown in the image. Now I'm wondering wether there's a way to get the red circle actually working so that the player gets notified about updates in his objectives. Any idea how to do this without coding, using just the Action Lists?

Thank you very much in advance!

Comments

• You can use a Global Integer to represent the number in the circle, and then display that number inside a Label element inside your Menu. A tutorial on displaying variable values inside Menus can be found here.

You can also use the Variable: Check Action to update the Menu's display (i.e. showing / hiding the circle itself) based on the value being greated than zero or not.

When it comes to setting the number's value, however: it depends on what you want it to specifically represent. Is it like an "unread message" system, where the number goes down upon viewing an objective. That would require scripting, so the more detail you can share about how the system should work, the more specific advice I can give.