Forum rules - please read before posting.

Scroll Dialogue for long line text

Hey Chris,

Is there any way in adventure creator to make the text of subtitles of a action list dialogue:Play speech to delete the top line so the bottom line will be always be seen as it prints it ?
Or should i approach it in a custom script?
I am thinking of deleting a number of character each time the text count in text gameobject gets close to the seen limit of the text box.
Any ideas are welcomed.

Comments

• If you use Unity UI, then you can configure the appearance of the Text box that displays the subtitle text.

If the Text box's height is constant to display just a single line, but the alignment is bottom-centre, then it should only ever be able to display the bottom-most line.

Each of AC's default menus have a Unity UI equivalent, which you can enable by setting its Source to Unity Ui Prefab. A tutorial on working with Unity UI and Menus can be found here.

• Thanks Chris,

I added a Scroll View, Viewport (Mask) and as Content my text box with Paragraph Aligment: left, bottom and vertical overflow: Overflow so it will always shows the last line while the text is getting bigger.