Forum rules - please read before posting.

Scene switching issues after AC upgrade to v1.77.1

edited April 2023 in Technical Q&A

[Unity 2021.3.22f1 - AC v1.77.1]

Hi Chris!

First of all, thanks for the huge update, having the freedom to ditch walls when in Direct control mode is fantastic and the new Editor UI improvements are a great leap forward in terms of QOL!

That said, I am having similar issues as other people who recently posted: 1, 2

Basically, when switching scenes, the scene in which I switch to, feels like it takes longer to calculate all the OnStart logic.

I can see changes happening on the screen, like:

• Player waiting to be correctly placed on the correct PlayerStart marker
  • Sprites turning either on or off
  • Camera being replaced

Also, if I'm walking using Direct control, it looks like the Player is active before any of the above, because I can easily end up in another scene by just having the directional axis pointing any direction.

To provide as much context as possible:

• I have updated Unity first (2021.3.21f1 -> 2021.3.22f1) then AC (v1.76.3 -> v1.77.1)
  • I'm not getting any significant information from the console log (also, no errors)
  • I am loading scenes asynchronously and using Addressables
  • I tried NOT loading scenes asynchronously and WITHOUT using Addressables
  • I tried making a build (but only with asynchronous loading and Addressables active)

Since I saw this post talking about it, I'll also add that I am using PixelCrusher's Dialogue System. I'm not getting any null\missing reference warnings nor errors, but I don't know if it's only because I have already updated AC to v1.77.1.

Regardless, I tried the solution posted by DS' developer to move the RememberDialogueSystem component to the PersistentEngine but nothing really changed.

I'm not sure a repro project would be of any significant help, because this happens in all scenes, but I'll try providing one if that's the case.

Thanks a lot in advance, as always!

Comments

• I'm not sure a repro project would be of any significant help, because this happens in all scenes, but I'll try providing one if that's the case.

Yes, please provide if you can via PM. If it occurs in all scenes, you're welcome to send over a stripped-down project - just so long as it includes steps that I can follow to reproduce the issues. Thanks.