Forum rules - please read before posting.

Recognizing completion of puzzle

Creating a puzzle where an item has to be placed on top of another item for completion. I believe I have everything correct, but it is not recognizing once the top piece is put on the bottom piece. I have a YouTube video showing the setup (the YouTube channel is one of my own). Here is the video:

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Comments

• The intention behind the "Puzzle template: Item arranging" package is for cases that involve placing items in pre-determined "slots" - rather than arbitrarily relative to one another. It's for puzzles more akin to jigsaws, and "put the object in this hole", gameplay. It's for 2D games, and will conflict with AC's PickUp system.

If you want to determine that the smaller box is on top of the larger box, you should be able to achieve that by placing a Trigger on the top side of the larger box, and configure it to detect the smaller box.

This is most easily done by setting the Trigger's Trigger detects property to Set Object, and then assigning the smaller box in the Object to detect field.

The Trigger's Actions will then run when the smaller box enters the boundary of thie Trigger - so you'll want to position the Trigger so that it covers the larger box's top edge, but comes out above just a little bit.

• edited April 2023

Thanks so much Chris....this works perfectly. I have three vases in the scene that need to go on specific pillars so I was able to assign a variable to them so as to check when all three are in the correct spot...and in-turn, perform a certain action.