Forum rules - please read before posting.

[SOLVED] Interaction icons menu showing up twice

edited April 2014 in Technical Q&A
Today I tried to customize the Interaction menu that comes with AC by default, spacing the icons a bit more and putting in a background. When running the game I saw no change however. So I tried a few things, and eventually I switched the menu in question from On Interaction to On Hotspot, and suddenly it did show up - but so did the default GUI!

So for clarity, the two icons on top are part of the original GUI and should not be there. If I disable my own interaction menu, that one remains.

I can't figure out where it's coming from or why it still shows up, there is no menu that looks like this, I deleted all the demo files, and it only does so when the interaction style is set to Context Sensitive. With Choose hotspot then interaction there is no trace of it.

Comments

• Best not to delete any AC files, even those in the demo, just to be safe.

The second menu you're seeing is actually the cursor - the icons will show if you are:
     1) using Context Sensitive mode, and
     2) have checked the Change cursor when over Hotspots box in the Cursor Manager.

You should either use an Interaction menu, or have your cursor turn into icons - not both.  Try unchecking the box mentioned in 2).
  • edited April 2014
    Oh weird, I didn't realize that checkmark had influence on it too. I wanted to do exactly that, essentially, but instead with a custom GUI arranged around my original mouse pointer :)

I unchecked the option you mentioned and that fixed it - except over inventory items, as far as I can tell there's no option there to do the same.
  • Such a button has been added for 1.30! :)
  • You're the best!