Forum rules - please read before posting.

Adventure Creator hotspots disabled during Dialogue system conversation.

Hello,

I have run into a problem using Adventure Creator and pixel crushers Dialogue system together. I want to be able to click hotspots during a Dialogue system conversation yet the hotspots are disabled during the conversation.

I have asked over on the  Dialogue system forum and they advised me to try setting the "Use Dialog State" to Never in the Adventure Creator Bridge component. Apparently it worked for them in the integration's Example scene. I tried this but the hotspot is still disabled during conversation in my scene.

I also tried enabling "Allow regular gameplay during Conversations" and enabling interactions via actionscripts in Adventure Creator. However the hotspot is still not working during conversation. I am not sure how to proceed so I will ask here if there is some other option in Adventure creator that I have missed that could cause the hotspot to be disabled during the Dialogue system conversation? Thanks.

Comments

• When you say "during a conversation", do you mean while options are displayed on-screen, or during the response that plays when an option is chosen?

If the latter, and the response is an AC ActionList, you can set its When running field to Run In Background to allow for normal gameplay while it runs.

Otherwise, it sounds like its related to the Dialogue System integration. Enable the AC Status box from the bottom of the Settings Manager. At runtime, this will display details about AC in the top-left corner of the Game window. What does it display at the time the issue occurs?

• Hi Chris. Thanks for the help! The AC Status box helped since it told me that gameplay was blocked during conversation and goes back to normal when the conversation closes. I took a look at everything again today with fresh eyes and I managed to find a pretty easy solution. I saw that in the actionList the action to start a Dialogue System conversation had "wait until finish" enabled. I unclicked this box and now I can click the hotspots during the whole conversion so I think that solved the issue. :)