Forum rules - please read before posting.

Add option to select type of interaction

Hi I would suggest to add option to select type of the interaction settings to the interaction script itself.

As by design it has more sense to move the responsibility of this to the interaction. As there are for sure cases where you need:

• Only context sensitive interaction
  • Multiple selection interaction

It would be great if that setting would not be global, but local depending on the use case in scene. So on interaction, to pick which one i want to use and setting can hold onto some default if not chosen .

Comments

• I'm not sure I'm totally understanding you - could you elaborate on your meaning, and the benefit you'd see from this?

• Oh, yes. So to move the option to select which interaction type i want to the "interactive" part instead of generic scene/game settings.

It would be more modular for building adventure if you can pick this option upon interaction.

EG.: Imagine you want to create one interactive with single interaction ( use ) and than, interactive part in the scene with popping menu in the same scene.

Scenario:
    With interactive, for door I want to have only single interaction and that's use
    But than In the same scene, on the person I would like to have popping interaction menu to have ability to select from interaction ( talk, look at, other interactions )

So it would be great to have this option under interactive object, instead as global setting

• Thanks for the elaboration.

The interaction system needs to be a global setting, as the interaction method needs to be known in advance of the Hotspot selection process. However, there is flexibility:

1. When the Interaction method is set to Choose Hotspot Then Interaction, Hotspots will have an additional Single 'Use' Interaction checkbox that causes it to behave like Context Sensitive mode - similar to your example scenario. The 2D Demo demonstrates this with its "exit" Hotspots.
    2. The Interaction method setting, like all Manager fields, can be modified at runtime through script. To do so, right-click the field's label to get an API reference to it.
    3. When set to Custom Script, an entirely custom interface style can be constructed. More details on this can be found in the Manual's "Custom interaction systems" chapter.