Forum rules - please read before posting.

Issues with unity 2021.3.21f1

In this version of unity I have issues displaying arrows/hotspots areas. For example player start should render blue arrow at the place, but the place there is empty. Also for other logical parts added to the scene, they are invisible so you cannot see how much area you covering. It is working in version:
2021.3.10f

Comments

• edited April 2023

Welcome to the community, @Kaylo2122.

Thanks for the report. My apologies, but I'm afraid I'm away for the bank holiday at the moment, so aren't able to confirm this on my end - I will do so as soon as I am back, however.

Is this for a 2D or a 3D game, and do you have Gizmos enabled in your Scene window? Are the checkboxes in your Scene Manager's "Visibility" panel all checked?

If possible, could you share a screenshot of a typical object that has this issue - e.g. a Hotspot - showing both its appearance in the Scene window, and its Inspector?

• Yes settings are set and gizmos enabled.

Here is the screen of the scene with example player start object added to the scene:
    https://ctrlv.sk/lNig

• edited April 2023

Thanks for the details. Are any related warnings appearing in Unity's Console window?

The 3D PlayerStart object is essentially just a regular Mesh Renderer - how it displays will be based on the shader and render pipeline.

Which render pipeline are you using in your project? The PlayerStart material can be found in /Assets/AdventureCreator/Graphics/Materials. Does that show up properly in the Inspector, or display correctly when applied to e.g. the Plane in your scene?

Hotspots rely on Unity's Gizmos system instead of a mesh - can you share screenshots of how one appears, together with its Inspector?

• edited April 2023

I'm using URP. But seems like only player start has that issue:

https://ctrlv.sk/AbZ9
    When i opened it today

• I'm afraid I can't recreate such an issue on my end.

The PlayerStart material should be Unlit by default - so it ought to be compatible with URP. Can you share screenshots of both the PlayerStart GameObject's Inspector, as well as the PlayerStart Material asset's Inspector?

• Maybe we could schedule some short call over discord / google talk so I can share screen with you and show you exactly the issue and you can navigate me what you want to see, to better understanding the issue and fidning the cause.

• It would be best for me to see the project for myself - could you PM me a .zip file of the project?