Forum rules - please read before posting.

Music with intro leading to loop hitching

Hi everyone,

This may be due to my unfamiliarity with how AC handles music loading, but I'm running into an issue with some music during an action scene where a track begins playing with an intro sequence that segues into a looping version. Right now I'm handling this in the OnStart Action List by playing the Intro sequence from the music storage playlist, then queuing the loop to come in afterwards.

Unfortunately, no matter what I seem to do, when the intro segment ends and the loop for the next segment starts, the entire game freezes for a second--I'm guessing to load the track?

Is there a better method I should be using to more elegantly transition from one piece of music to another?

Comments

• What are your AC and Unity versions, and how large are the audio files in question?

The approach is correct - playing the first and queuing up the second - but AC still relies on Unity's audio system for playback.

Try tinkering with settings in your AudioClip Inspectors - in particular, the Streaming and Load In Background options.

• Hey Chris! I realize I never responded to this once I got it working--apologies! Changing the audio file settings to load in the background helped me get 99% of the way there, and fiddling with timing for when the audio files play in my actionlists helped me get 99.9% of the way there--which should be good enough for our purposes.

In terms of specifics, we're running Unity 2022.2.10 and AC 1.76.1, and the file sizes on the .wav tracks we're loading in this sequence are 4.2 megs, 600KB, and 600KB post-import.