Forum rules - please read before posting.

Cursor locked

I’m using the latest version of AC with Dialogue System for Unity. When a conversation is finished I need to click on the Continue button but the cursor is locked in the position of the Hotspot which raised the dialogue panel. How can I release the cursor?

Comments

• edited April 2023

What is your "Cursor rendering" field set to?

Do you have an input named "ToggleCursor" listed in your Project's Input settings, and if so - are you invoking it at the time?

Check to see if you're using any Engine: Manage systems Actions to lock the cursor. I'm not sure if Dialogue System affects the cursor as part of its integration - you'd need to check with PixelCrushers regarding that.

• I’m sorry Chris but I don’t know what or where the cursor rendering field is. I am not invoking ToggleCursor and there are no Actions to lock the cursor. PixelCrushers tell me that their system does not affect the cursor

• I don’t know what or where the cursor rendering field is.

It can be found at the top of the Cursor Manager.

Is the Hotspot in the centre of the screen, or is the cursor locking at any arbitrary place? If you can share a screenshot showing the issue occuring - as well as your Cursor Manager - that'll help clarify the situation.

• I've tried all 3 cursor rendering settings The cursor locks at the centre of the screen where the Hotspot was The AC cursor disappears leaving the usual mouse cursor which is locked. I have a screenshot but do not know how to upload it. What is the imageURL? The screenshot is in my Pictures folder

• Here is a free site that I use to post screen shots/images for others to review.
    https://imgur.com/

• Yes, imgur is the best place to upload screenshots.

Does invoking the "ToggleCursor" input afterwards unlock the cursor again?

• No, invoking ToggleCursor does not unlock the cursor

• I'll need to see any screenshots you can share.

If you set rendering to Software, uncheck Lock system cursor when locking AC cursor? and check Always show system cursor in Editor?. Is the system cursor visible and free, and does the issue occur in builds?