Forum rules - please read before posting.

Safe Area Option

Hello everyone !

I'm new to this forum, and I'm gradually discovering AC. Thank you for this wonderful work.

I can't find an answer to my question. I'm trying out several smartphone format configurations to find the best compromise for my game. I read this in the manual : "PROTIP: By default, AC will limit its display area to the mobile device's "safe area".
This prevents UI or gameplay elements from being obscured by e.g. a phone's notches, if present. This can be disabled, however, by unchecking Limit display to 'safe area'? in the Settings Manager."

I would like to try this option, but I can't find it in the Setting Manager. Where is the option? Or am I doing something wrong that makes this option not appear ? I couldn't find any other information about it in the manual. Thank you very much for your help.

I'm on AC 1.76.3 and Unity 2021.3.18f1

Best regards

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @Ptitlion.

This option will appear at the bottom of the "Camera settings" panel - so long as you're building to a platform that supports it.

If you're building to Android, iOS, or TVOS, it should appear. What platform are you working on?

• Thank you for helping me! I completely forgot to switch back to the platform in the build settings. The option appears now. Sorry for the inconvenience, perhaps this post will be useful to others! Thank you again