Forum rules - please read before posting.

Camera not switching inside interaction

Hey guys, Im following the youtube video tutorials Im using Adventure Creator and the First Person Add On, I did some interactions and they work Ok in most of the cases but they fail or behave wrongly when its about changing the main camera for another one during a interaction in one case it change for the first sentence then return to the main camera in another interaction dont even change it just give me the next message, its the version or why is not working correctly Im missing something?

https://imgur.com/a/SLkC49g

Comments

• edited February 2023

Welcome to the community, @LeoDev.

When your game uses First Person movement, AC will switch to the First-Person camera automatically whenever you're in gameplay. You can switch camera within an ActionList that blocks gameplay, but it'll switch back once it ends.

By default, this includes Conversations - but you can alter this behaviour by unchecking Run Conversations in first-person? inside the Settings Manager's "Interface settings" panel.

If you want to keep to a different camera once an ActionList has ended (and not have it switch back automatically), you need to first alter your game's "Movement method". This can be done at runtime using the Engine: Manage systems Action.

Your Console window also mentions a path not being able to be calculated - this is often a case of the NavMesh not being present, or the destination not being on the NavMesh.

In 3D, you can bake your NavMesh using Unity's Navigation window - a tutorial on this can be found here.

• edited February 2023

Thank you so much Sir!
    It was that (Settings Manager's "Interface settings" panel > Run Conversations in first-person toggle ).
    About the NavMesh Im not even using it so I think its ok.
    Thanks Chris!! :smiley: good day!!