Forum rules - please read before posting.

Menus Suddenly Not Clickable

Hi! Been working on a project using AC for ages now and really enjoying it :) Unfortunately, I ran into an issue that has me stumped and I'm not really sure how or when it started. I haven't updated AC (1.75.2) or Unity (2021.3.1f) in a minute so I don't think that caused it.

I first noticed with interactions, if I clicked a hotspot, it would act like none of the interactions attached to the hotspot existed even though they've previously worked. The hotspot menu wouldn't show, and nothing would happen. Most of the interactions are Asset Lists and are still properly connected to the objects. If I set it to default-use interactions I can usually get a hotspot to be responsive, but each hotspot has 3+ interactions so this isn't ideal. I then realized my menus weren't responsive, they could detect hover but not clicks. I poked around GUI depth without any luck, there's no messages in the console either.

I know this is sooo vague so I'm not sure what I can show to help identify/debug, but I'm guessing there's some settings I need to tinker with? I've poked around with interaction settings a bit but I'm leaning towards it being a raycasting/menu issue.

Thank you! Happy new year :)

Comments

• edited December 2022

Happy new year @MoCohen.

There's not much to go on, but the first thing I'd recommend trying is to create a fresh scene with your game's Managers still loaded. If you can interact with a simple test Hotspot, then that would indicate the issue might be more to do with your scenes rather than the Managers.

• edited December 2022

Hm in a new fresh scene when I add a hotspot, the hover still shows there's an interaction but clicking doesn't show the interaction menu. Same with having a menu display on a fresh scene, the buttons highlight but the click isn't registering. Clicking the inventory button no longer opens the inventory, clicking the ground doesn't move the player which might be a hint about this behavior?

I tried logging with Input.GetMouseButtonDown (0) and that worked.

• Do your Menus rely on Unity UI?

Share a screenshot of your Settings Manager.

Also, try running the 3D Demo - you'll need to assign its Managers beforehand, and re-assign your own afterwards, but that should help determine if this is a Manager issue or one related to your project settings.

• edited December 2022

My menus don't use Unity UI, they're only AC, I had one that was Unity UI but removed it a few months back before this issue ever popped up. I'll re-import the 3D Demo and give that a try, thank you for the suggestion! In the meantime, here is my Settings Manager:

• As you have Mouse clicks have default functionality?, you'll need to make sure you have inputs named InteractionA and InteractionB listed in your Input Manager.

To have these be triggered with left- and mouse-button clicks, set their Positive button fields to mouse 0 and mouse 1 respectively.

• Phew thank you for pointing that out! Adding the interactions to the input manager didn't work but checking that box did! I'm not sure why or when it got unchecked but I'm glad to have that functionality back :) Thank you for taking the time to help me solve this!