Forum rules - please read before posting.

Grey out Inventory Items?

I am working on a cutscene that explains right clicking on inventory items to examine, I turn on the Inventory Menu and I have a notebook pulsing continuously until the player right clicks it. but there is one other item in the Inventory set to carry on start too, but Ideally I want to have that completely unclickable and the notebook not left clickable so it can't be picked up from the Inventory, only right clicked temporarily. Is that possible?

Comments

• It is, with scripting, and so long as you rely on Unity UI for the menu.

If you attach a Canvas Group component to the UI Button linked that the item displays in, you can use a script to set its "Interactable" property as the Menu turns on, based on some condition e.g. the state of a Global Bool Variable:

using UnityEngine;
    using AC;

public class InventoryTutorial : MonoBehaviour
    {

private void OnEnable () { EventManager.OnMenuTurnOn += OnMenuTurnOn; }
        private void OnDisable () { EventManager.OnMenuTurnOn -= OnMenuTurnOn; }

private void OnMenuTurnOn (Menu menu, bool isInstant)
        {
            if (menu.title == "Inventory")
            {
                bool isInteractive = GlobalVariables.GetVariable ("TutorialMode") == false;
                (menu.GetElementWithName ("InventoryBox") as MenuInventoryBox).uiSlots[0].uiButton.GetComponent<CanvasGroup> ().interactable = isInteractive;
            }
        }

}

• Perfect thank you Chris, I will check that out