Forum rules - please read before posting.

Can't get game to load when uploaded to website - " Unable to parse build /frame work "

Hello there, I was wondering if somebody would be able to help please. I have published my game project to html 5 and for some reason, I can get it to load on my server. And I don't really know what the warning sign is referring to.

Here is some helpful information:

• This is hosted with my hosting and domain company I use ( I have other unity projects on the same website )
  • I have uploaded all the folders into one DIr - this warning is from the index.html
  • When it comes to playing it. It doesn't load

Could anybody offer any tips as to what I'm doing wrong? Is it the way the AC saves, is not compatible with web GL / servers. Is it something I need to tweak on my server? is it something I should tweak in the publish settings?

Thank you for your help!

J

Written warning comes up in red box -
Unable to parse Build/Test-GL2.framework.js.gz! This can happen if build compression was enabled but web server hosting the content was misconfigured to not serve the file with HTTP Response Header "Content-Encoding: gzip" present. Check browser Console and Devtools Network tab to debug.

Comments

• The message is stating that your server needs to be configured to work with gzip, but it's not AC-specific. This is a general Unity warning you'd get when the server needs tweaking.

You can either disable GZip compression inside Unity's Project -> Player settings, or configure the server as described in Unity's docs here:

https://docs.unity3d.com/2020.1/Documentation/Manual/webgl-server-configuration-code-samples.html

• Thank you Chris. That may have pointed me in the right direction thank you. Had to do some tinkering and spoke to my hosts. In a nutshell,I had to add some lines of code from the docs to get it to run.

Although my web GL version of the 'gamette' seams to have a bit of lag, only minor when I come to playing it. Is that due to the Gzip being switched off and on perhaps?

J

• From what I understand, Gzip is more about the final download size rather than runtime performance.

A list of AC-related performance tips can be found in the Manual's "Performance and optimisation" chapter.

• Thanks Chris. With your tips, I managed to get the WebGL version running! Although it is a bit jerky.