Forum rules - please read before posting.

Interaction menu briefly appears on last hotspot

Hi guys,

I recently did an upgrade of AC from v1.70.4 to v1.76 (using Unity 2018.4.20f1)
I solved all the problem I had with the upgrade, but I still have an issue.

My interaction method is Choose Hotspot then Interaction / Select Interactions by Clicking Menu
My interaction Menu has an appear type : "Appear at Cursor and Freeze"

When I click on an hotspot, the interaction menu appears briefly on the last hotspot it was, and then 'teleport' to the cursor and freeze :

Any idea on how to solve this ?

Comments

• Was this an issue before the update?

I'll attempt a recreation, thanks for the details.

Try setting the Menu's Transition type to Canvas Group Fade (attaching a Canvas Group component to the UI prefab), and set a very small Transition time value, e.g. 0.1.

• Hi Chris,

Thanks for the quick answer
    It wasn't an issue before the update, but setting a transition type at 0.1 solved the problem.

Thanks a lot !

• Was your Canvas Group component present before? I've just checked, and it may be that its presence is enough - no need to have a transition.

• Yes my Canvas was present before the update, I didn't touch it after
    I still have the issue if I don't have a transition

• Hmm. Can you try switching your Menu Manager asset to Default or Demo_MenuManager, and then setting its Interaction menu's Source to Unity UI Prefab, and removing the transition (if set)? That's what I'm testing with on my end.

• edited December 2022

It works if I just switch to the Default menu manager.
    But I tried to copy paste my menus in the default menu manager menu and the issue came back.
    Anyway, I'll stay on the transition set to 0.1 I think