Forum rules - please read before posting.

How to block off part of the NavMesh?

Hi all,

My PlayerStart2D (blue arrow) is placed outside the diner, so that the player character is able to enter through the door at the beginning of the scene. But I don't want the player to be able walk onto that part of the NavMesh as he's moving freely about. How do I block it off at the pink line I've drawn on the image and make it so that the outside part is only used for enter and exit markers for the scene?

Comments

• It's possible to alter the NavMesh by swapping it for another that has no "outside" part, but the easiest way would be to remove that part completely and just uncheck Pathfind? from the Character: Move to point Action used to move the Player inside.

If this Action is used to move the Player to the green Marker just to the left of the Exit Hotspot, they'll bee-line there without the need to rely on pathfinding or the NavMesh.

• Thanks Chris, I didn't notice the pathfind checker, so removing the outside part of the NavMesh and unchecking that box, did the trick!
    The switching of NavMeshes is good to know, that might come in handy at a later point.