Forum rules - please read before posting.

Menu Container Problem

Hi,
I have a question : )
I have created a new menu container (the red border one in the image), I have configured it with Appear type: On Container and I call it with the action list Container > Open. The problem is that the other Container menu I have (the one with the blue border in the image) shows up behind it.

If I configure it with Appear type: Manual and call it with the action list Menu > Change State > Turn On Menu, the container appears correctly with nothing behind it but it doesn't let me drag items to it.

I'm using Unity 2021.3.4f1 and AC 1.75.3

Image:
https://pasteboard.co/DaSnxVlBt1Qa.jpg

Thanks!

Comments

• by the way,

I forgot to give some extra info about the game :smile:

We have a game with different types of container. Depending on the context you can open a small box, a big chest or others. So the graphics of each container are different, as well as the number of slots and the items category. For example, the small box only have one slot and only contain small items, the chest have multiple slots and can contain al kind of items.

That's why we need to create a new alternative container in addition to the default one.

• A Container menu element represents the contents of a Container object in the scene - the two must be linked together before it will work.

To link a Container object to a specific Container menu element, check Open in set element? in the Container: Open Action and supply the names of the Menu/Element you wish to link it to.

• Hi Chris
    I have tried as you say but the menu does not display in the game.
    In menu name I have put the name of the menu and in InventoryBox name the item I want to display. I want it to be the content of the container but I don't know if I have configured it correctly.
    In the image you can see how I have set it up.

https://pasteboard.co/qHBCD4B9PF5s.jpg

• It looks correct, and I can't recreate the issue on my end. What items should be listed?

Try setting the Menu's Appear type to Manual, and then running the Menu: Change state Action to turn it on - does it then show the correct items?

In a backup/duplicate project, try also importing the latest AC release.

• The container should start empty and the player has to drag an item into it.

I have upgraded AC to 1.76 and the behaviour is still the same.

If I set it up with Appear type > Manual and Menu: Change state > turn on menu, container shows ok but it doesn't let me drag items into it (this happens also in AC 1.75.3).

• My meaning was to try manually turning the Menu on after running the Container Action - i.e. running both Actions together.

If you can PM me your scene and game's Managers, I'll take a look to see what the issue is directly.