Forum rules - please read before posting.

Can't access Getting Started Menu Options

I got Adventure Creator and when I download and import everything, I find myself missing a bunch of options. I am unable to use Adventure Creator since I can't access any of the options from the Getting Started Menu. I tried re-downloading and I made sure everything imported. I also imported the Adventure Creator into a brand new project that has no other assets so there shouldn't be anything in the project that can conflict with it.

Only thing I can think of that would cause issues is that I'm using the Linux version of Unity. Any help would be appreciated

Picture of what I see:
https://imgur.com/a/EBJS2Gg

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @Cidatrite.

It does indeed look to be a Unity Editor issue - AC is relying on Unity's menu code to create its toolbar links. What version of the Editor are you using?

As a workaround, you can try changing the link manually so that it doesn't need a sub-menu to access. You can do this by opening AC's NewGameWizardWindow script and changing the line:

[MenuItem ("Adventure Creator/Getting started/New Game wizard", false, 4)]

to:

[MenuItem ("Adventure Creator/Getting started - New Game wizard", false, 4)]

If that works, you should be able to make a similar change to line 28 of the AdventureCreator script to access the main AC Game Editor window.