Forum rules - please read before posting.

Suggestion: adding play speech into the conversation editor

Hi Chris!

I was working with the new Conversation editor today for the first time, and it took me a minute before I realized I couldn't add any Play Speech actions to it. Which makes a lot of sense for a time before the node editor existed, because I can't imagine what a pain it would have been to have the options AND responses together in one Actionlist ha, but do you think it would now be possible to combine the two? I'm finding it a little hard to keep track of a branching dialogue when the options and the responses are scattered across multiple objects.
Maybe it's just a matter of getting used to it but I just expected it to work differently from my experience using Playmaker/Dialoguer/Twine. What do you reckon?

Cheers

Comments

• I'm afraid not - it's part by original design, and part by limitations of Unity, that you can't have multiple instances of ActionLists in one object.  You're better off having the Conversation and ActionList Editors open side-by-side.  Be aware that clicking on a DialogueOption in the Conversation editor doesn't "de-activate" the conversation, so you can still flip through multiple options at once and change their lists.