Forum rules - please read before posting.

Odd trigger behaviour 10% of the time

I use a trigger called by an onclick (interact) and this trigger makes a character move to a marker. Then start an animation, wait, stop the animation and then go back to a marker.
This works 90% of the time but every now and then the following happens:
Character moves to the point, doesn't start the animation, wait and goes back to the marker.
Any idea what may cause this?
Thank you.

Comments

• edited November 2022

Triggers are normally run when an object enters their boundary - what you mean by it being called from an onclick?

What are your AC/Unity versions, and what is the "NME_A" Npc's Animation engine set to?

To help understand exactly what's running, set the Settings Manager's Action comment logging field at the bottom to Always, and then assign each of the Actions in your screenshot a comment. This can be done via the cog menu in the top-right corner.

The comment text you write in each will then appear in the Console as they run - which ones fail to show when the issue occurs?

• Hi,

• I'm making a turn based rpg so player and npcs are static, hence I call triggers through UI buttons.
    • Thank you for the comment tip, I had no idea and indeed it made the debugging easier.
    • After testing, no actions seem to fail, so I'm guessing it's probably not AC's fault but the animator that skips a bool state.
      Thank you for the information, i'll monitor my animator bool states to see if they are at fault.