Forum rules - please read before posting.

New Hotspots are not working anymore

Hi there!

I have used until now maybe 10 or more hotspots but for whatever reason, newly created hotspots do not work anymore, since I cannot see them in the game and therefore not interact.

Any idea what might cause this? The older hotspots are all still working by the way :-)

Comments

• Are the Hotspots that work vs those that don't in separate scenes, or do some scenes have both kinds?

A Hotspot's interactivity is dependent on its Collider - this'll either be 2D or 3D, depending on your game type.

When creating new Hotspots in the Scene Manager, AC will either add a 2D or a 3D Collider automatically, based on your Settings Manager's "Camera perspective" setting.

Compare the Collider type for new Hotspots vs old ones - are they both using the same type?

You're welcome to share screenshots via imgur.com if you'd like another set of eyes on them.

• Hi Chris!

All of them are in the same scene which is in 3D. I thought actually that the Hotspot can be linked to another gameobject, but doesn't need to be. Because I was now able to make a hotspot on an imported door, but not on the already included picture. Maybe the gameobject on which it is detached to does matter. Anyway I will just try - thanks a lot

• For a Hotspot to be interactive, it needs a Collider attached to its GameObject - but the visible mesh that it represents can be on a separate GameObject.

The Hotspot will also need to be on the Default layer to be interactive - check that its layer isn't something else.