Forum rules - please read before posting.

Bug: Conversation options firing several times by themselves

I've noticed some strange behaviour when using the timed conversation option.

Say I have a conversation with three options, A B and C. I've set the timer for 6 seconds. This happens:

- Conversation starts
- I press option A, I see some text, I return to the conversation options
- I wait until the timer reaches 50% (in this case 3 seconds)
- Option A starts again without me clicking anything.
- Right after that, about a half second later, option A triggers AGAIN
- After that, the timer goes down to 50% again before triggering option A again, etc etc into infinity.

If I click option B or C beforehand, they play as intended, then it goes right back to the 50% loop on option A, so it's not the most recently triggered option that repeats, only the first one.

Comments

• The "Timer" feature was intended for "Walking Dead-style" moments whereby you only see the Options once.  Didn't occur to me to make sure it works for returning Conversations!  I will have a look, thanks for describing it in detail.

Which of the three options did you set to be the Default?
  • Sweet. Option A is set as the default, so I guess that's why it keeps repeating that one.

You're right, now that I think back to it, Walking Dead never recycled a set of options twice...actually I don't think any game that has timed dialogues does so, so I understand why you built it this way :)
  • No worries - it's still a bug, and'll be fixed in 1.30