Forum rules - please read before posting.

UNITY UI

Due to recorded ID any change to the canvas UI prefab is not updating at all, what's the solution again?

Comments

• Unity UI components are linked to the Menu Manager by their Constant ID values. The Menu Manager records such numbers when the objects are dragged from the Hierarchy into their respective fields in the Menu Manager.

If a component's Constant ID value has been changed, you can re-connect it to the Menu Manager by opening the UI prefab, viewing its Element's properties in the Menu Manager, and dragging the UI GameObject into the Element's "Linked UI" field.

• I'm not sure if this is a related issue (it doesn't have to do with UI), but I've found that for some reason a couple of Constant ID numbers (where the "retain in prefab" checkbox is clicked) have been changing automatically in the scene. I'll load a scene and notice that an Constant ID number has changed in the scene but not the prefab, then I'll revert the change to the prefab ID, only for it to be changed again later. I haven't figured out how or why this is happening (it only happens to a minority of objects), but it only started happening recently. Has there been any changes that could have caused this in the past few updates?

• No, in this case, it needs to be changed.
    I've modified UI prefabs into my own custom versions but whenever I tried to update the menu and put them in, the most I get is a color change on the basic one. So mine is just being ignored and bypassed.

• Update. Nothing is changing at all beyond the font and color, it's like not even all caps. Nothing.

• edited September 2022

Has there been any changes that could have caused this in the past few updates?

There was an issue with "Retain in prefab?" not being clickable, but this was addressed in v1.75.7. I can't be sure if this is the same issue, however. What AC version are you using?

Nothing is changing at all beyond the font and color, it's like not even all caps.

Is this to say it's showing the updated prefab with the new font and color, but the text is not changing - or that it is changing from what you've set in the prefab?

If the latter, AC will replace the display text with that used by the element type.

What element are you linking? Please share screenshots and details of the issue. You're welcome to PM me your files as well - I don't have enough to go on as it is.

• Using AC v1.75.8.

It changed the color and the font but not the text.

• edited September 2022

This shouldn't be a big issue, but I do need those details. Please be clear about what text is not changing, and where that change should be coming from.

What element are you linking? Any screenshots you can share will help clarify the situation.

• edited September 2022

When you link a Button element to AC's Menu Manager, the text will be set by the element's "Button text" property in the Menu Manager. This enables it to be open to translations, use text tokens, etc.

To all-cap your Pause menu's Buttons, update their "Button text" properties in the Menu Manager.

• Ahhhhhh I forgot that tiny detail, how embarrassing, thanks again.