Forum rules - please read before posting.

Setting defaults for the options menu

I would like to set a default on the "subtitles" option, so that, the first time the game is launched, they are "enabled" and appear even if the character speaks.
But I would like to keep the option in the menu, so people who'd rather have no text can have it so.

Being a complete beginner with the tool, I don't know how to do this. I tried searching on this forum but couldn't find the solution. (Sorry if I missed it).

And even if subtitles are the main reason I am asking : is it possible to do the same thing with the other values available in the default options menu? Might as well ask in a more general sense, as there is probably a common logic with those.

Thank you for any help.

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @AnAngelineer.

The default values for AC's provided options can be found at the bottom of the Settings Manager, under the "Default Options" panel.

This will affect your game when no saved values exist (i.e. when you run it for the first time) - so if you want any changes made here to affect your testing in the Editor, you'll need to delete your active Profile in the Save Game File Manager.

This can be accessed further up the Settings Manager, clicking "Manage save-game files" in the "Save game settings" panel.

• OK. I found it. Thanks!
    Very nice tool, BTW. I'll likely have many more questions in the coming weeks as I try to interface it with other systems, but it is impressive how easy it makes laying down the fundations of a point and click. Good job!