Forum rules - please read before posting.

Json error, problem finding the origin.

Hi, I'm getting the following error:
ArgumentException: JSON parse error: Missing a comma or '}' after an object member.
UnityEngine.JsonUtility.FromJsonOverwrite (System.String json, System.Object objectToOverwrite) (at <3e7f43c38e214491a21ee815b941dbb6>:0)
AC.JsonAction.CreateAction () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/JsonAction.cs:68)
AC.JsonAction.RestoreActions (AC.JsonAction[] jsonActions, System.Boolean createNew) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/JsonAction.cs:349)
AC.JsonAction.OnEditorSceneChange (UnityEngine.SceneManagement.Scene sceneOne, UnityEngine.SceneManagement.Scene sceneTwo) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/JsonAction.cs:269)
UnityEditor.SceneManagement.EditorSceneManager.Internal_ActiveSceneChangedInEditor (UnityEngine.SceneManagement.Scene previousActiveScene, UnityEngine.SceneManagement.Scene newActiveScene) (at <7ca9a09aeae542ab86253a551b1c89a0>:0)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)

I'd like to know how I can find which gameobject is causing the issue since the only reference I get is "3e7f43c38e214491a21ee815b941dbb6"

Thank you.

Comments

• edited September 2022

It's not tied to any specific GameObject - the error is related to the ActionList copy buffer when changing scenes, a thread on this can be found here.

Can you provide steps that recreate the issue consistently?

• I will try to recreate this issue and if it happens again, I'll post what led to it.
    Thank you Chris.