Forum rules - please read before posting.

[SOLVED] multiple use interactions are ignored

Hey Chris,

I was trying to set up my game with Choose Hotspot Then Interaction, and I have this test hotspot that has three different use interactions defined (and one inventory interaction).

For this purpose I modified the 2D demo's Interaction menu slightly by changing the cursor setting for all the buttons from Use - Talk - Examine - Inv to Use - Use - Use - Inv. Then I went to the hotspot and added three Use interactions (Hotspot_UseA, Hotspot_UseB and Hotspot_UseC). These all trigger a different set of actions, as you can imagine. A just has a line of speech, B triggers a conversation, etc.

The problem is that while all three buttons do work, they only seem to trigger the first use interaction that's defined (A in this case). Doesn't matter which button I click, I only see the stuff from A.

If I disable A (not the object but the checkmark on the hotspot) all three buttons stop working, but if I disable B or C, all three buttons still trigger A without fail. 

That was a bit of a complicated explanation ha but I hope you understand. Do you have any advice?

Cheers!

Comments

• It's done by icon - the presumption being that each interaction is of a different "type" (e.g. Use / Look etc).

To fix your problem, you'll need to give each of your Interactions a different Icon.  You can create multiple icons and give them the same texture, but for AC to recognise them as different interactions you'll need to assign one icon per interaction.  Hope that makes sense.
  • edited April 2014
    Oh I see, that sounds like a reasonable solution. Actually I just tried it and I didn't have to change much at all, just had to add two new cursors that look the same as the Use cursor and assigned each to their own Use interaction and it works! Man I could have thought of that, should've had more coffee yesterday :P Thanks!