Forum rules - please read before posting.

Interaction menu closes when character's phrase ends

Hi there!

I've recorded a video showing the problem and the ActionList configuration of the chatting...

What can I do to prevent the menu from disappear?

https://youtu.be/64O3O1q18NI

Thanks a lot for your time :)

Comments

• I can't recreate such behaviour - what is your AC version, and can you share your Interaction menu's properties?

Try assigning the Default_MenuManager asset file at the top of your Menu Manager, to revert back to the default interface - does the issue persist?

Switching back to your own Menu Manager, open up AC's Menu.cs script, and search for the line:

if (KickStarter.sceneChanger.IsLoading ())

Immediately above, paste the following (replacing "Interaction" with the name of your own Interaction menu if it differs):

if (title == "Interaction") Debug.Log ("Turn off Interaction menu");

That will print a message in the Console when the menu turns off. What is the message in full at the time the issue occurs?

• Hi, Chris!

My AC version is 1.75.4 and Unity version is 2020.3.25f1. I've tried with Default_MenuManager and it doesn't hides de interaction menu.

The error after doing what you suggested (with my own MenuManager), is as follows:

Turn off Interaction menu UnityEngine.Debug:Log (object) AC.Menu:TurnOff (bool) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/Menu.cs:1991) AC.PlayerMenus:UpdateMenu (AC.Menu,int,bool,bool) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerMenus.cs:1441) AC.PlayerMenus:UpdateAllMenus () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerMenus.cs:2149) AC.StateHandler:Update () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/StateHandler.cs:240)

Thanks for your hard work!!!

• You're using Unity UI for the Interaction Menu's Source, I take it.

What are you assigning as the Menu's RectTransform boundary? This should be the area that covers the visible part of the Menu - but it should be fixed in size.

The menu scales up when turning on - is the RectTransform boundary affected by this? If so, adjust the animation so that the visible portion still expands, but the boundary remains fixed.