Forum rules - please read before posting.

Displaying multiple menus

I'm experiencing a new issue and just need some guidance on where to start looking for the solution. I use menus with jpg images as a background, together with buttons to navigate different areas in the game. For instance, one menu would have a background picture of a sport center with buttons such as "Gym", "Swimming Pool", etc. to direct the player to the appropriate scene when clicked. I also created a special menu called "Menu Dialog" for when I need to display a text message over the navigation menu.

This worked well for all the menus I have created thus far, until today. I created the aforementioned Sport Centre menu with buttons that should trigger a short message via the Menu Dialog menu before running the scene (as I've done numerous times in the past). However, in this instance the Menu Dialog box appears behind the Sport Centre menu. In other words, it is invisible unless I delete the Sport Centre background image, and then I can only see the Menu Dialog box behind the Sport Centre buttons. Is there a way to determine the layering order of the different menus, as that seems to be the issue (although it has never been a problem in the past, and I don't think I've done anything different).

For information, I use AC v1.75.0, it is a 2D game and all the relevant menus use Adventure Creature as a source (not Unity UI Prefab).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• I figured it out - AC menus are drawn in the order they are listed. I just had to move the Menu Dialog menu to the bottom.

• Yes - with AC menus, the order in the stack affects their drawing order. With Unity UI, draw order is handled by the Canvas component.

As the order in the stack also affects processing order, however, as a general rule I'd recommend keeping the Hotspot menu at the bottom - as this often depends on other menus for its display.