Forum rules - please read before posting.

AC ISOMETRIC

Does anything change when trying to make a game isometric with Adventure Creator?
I've been trying the usual method of an empty object with a camera inside but if I try to avoid clipping issues by placing the camera far back, the point and click stops working?
What should I even do?

Comments

• Is this for a 2D or 3D game? Any screenshots you can share to illustrate the issue will help understand the situation.

Mouse clicks on the scene, however, involve raycasting. Such rays have a maximum length - if the camera is further back than this distance, then clicks will be unresponsive.

You can configure these raycast lengths in the Settings Manager's "Raycast settings" panel - try increasing the NavMesh ray length field in particular.

• 3D.
    Oh and one thing, I am a bit confused with the main camera and nav camera for such a perspective, are both going to be focused on the player or should only the main camera for rendering exist and be used for gameplay? That's more of a general question.

• Here are some images of the issues, now, thanks for the NavMesh length thing, one of them was solved, but the test can still happen every now and then, so far, no camera attempt has worked, doubt they will.

https://ibb.co/wp1f07M
    Camera rotates, it's horribly dizzying.
    https://ibb.co/Pj3rLCK
    Won't look at target

• are both going to be focused on the player or should only the main camera for rendering exist and be used for gameplay?

Only the MainCamera is used for rendering. All other camera types, NavCams included, act as reference points for the MainCamera, which will adopt a camera's position, rotation etc when "switched to" using Actions.

See the Manual's "Cameras overview" chapter for more about how AC's camera system works.

Here are some images of the issues

In your GameCamera's component, check Lock? in the "Y-axis movement" panel to prevent it from changing height, and check Lock? in the "Spin rotation" panel to prevent if from rotating.

In the "Z-axis movement" panel, set its Affected by field to Target Z so that it moves in the Z-axis when the Player also does so. You might need to play with the Offset values in the X and Z-axis movement panels to get the Player in the centre.

If the camera is still not behaving as you intend, share details on exactly how you want it to move and we can look into it.

• Tried this solution and it worked, thank you!
    Previous one was to have spin rotation locked at the player and it did work but I'd rather use this for more flexibility.

And, I imagine scripting would handle making the game camera rotate, right?

• If you want to involve custom scripting with your camera's movement behaviour, it's best to do so completely on a new camera - you'll likely get conflicts if both a custom script and the GameCamera component vie for control over the same Camera.

See the Manual's "Adding custom cameras" chapter for details on how custom camera scripts can be used by AC.