Forum rules - please read before posting.

Trying to load an end Game Movie " The End "

Hello there, I was hoping somebody could point me in the right direction. And it may be easier to say what I'm trying to achieve and stay open to advice and approaches rather than what I have done.

In a 2D mini-adventure I'm making, I want the player to be able to click a hotspot ( which appears on an if condition / boolean ) and plays a movie - as the end of game .mov.

The movie takes over the screen, stops the player from being able to do anything ( unless they skip ) and they return to the main menu after it has played.

I've tried to find a tutorial online on how to import a movie and make it play with little joy. I've imported the movie into my project but I'm not sure what the correct procedures are to make this work. Any help would be welcome as cant find much online specific to my question.

Any tips on how to go about this?

Thanks,

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @Jimmsdesign.

Movie clip playback is handled by Unity's Video Player component - the docs on it can be found here.

Add a Video Player component to your scene, assign your movie clip asset in the Video Clip field, uncheck Play On Awake, set the Source to Camera Near Plane, assigning the Camera field as the AC MainCamera. This will cause it to appear full-screen when the video is played.

To then play the video at a particular point in time, and stop the player from interacting while it runs, use AC's Engine: Play movie clip Action.

• Brilliant, thank you Chris. I hobbled through that and got it working. Mostly... anyway.

When the end scene.mov is playing do you know how to disable all player actions through AC - what is the best approach?

Also, do you have a tutorial for creating a start menu screen?

Kind Regards,

J

• When the end scene.mov is playing do you know how to disable all player actions through AC - what is the best approach?

If you use the Engine: Play movie clip Action to play the video, you can check its Wait until finish? option to have AC enter "cutscene" mode and prevent gameplay, as with other ActionLists.

Also, do you have a tutorial for creating a start menu screen?

Tutorials on this can be found here.

• Hello Chris. Thank you for the tips. I may have missed a step here but now when I come to try and make the video play when the hotspot is clicked, nothing happens. I can also click hot spots and elements behind the video in the scene... is there something I have done? Or not done... or not done in its entirety?

I have ticked the** "Wait until finish box" **

Thank you for the help and thank you for the link too.

Thanks,

• Is this to say that unticking Wait until finish? causes it to play properly again, albeit with Hotspots being interactive? Or does it refuse to play either way?

If the former, what are your AC/Unity versions? If the latter, share screenshots via imgur.com of the Hotspot and Interaction. Check the Console window also for any related messages.

• Hello! Thank you for the help. That seems to have done the trick. I updated Unity and Updated all of AC.