Forum rules - please read before posting.

Disable Pathfinding after Loading a Saved Game

edited June 2022 in Technical Q&A

Hello!

At the moment, it seems that I can save a game while my Character is moving. Then, when I load the Saved Game, the character starts to walk to that point. I need to disable this so the character is always stationary when loaded ( as in the pathfinding was never saved nor does the Character have movement speed ).

I put in a set of actions that Engine Wait .1, Player Constrain Movement Disabled, Engine Wait .1, Player Constrain Enable and assigned this to the On Load for Scenes, which works, but I was looking for a more failsafe method.

Ideally I would like it so that if a Character is moving, you cannot hit Pause.

AC 1.75.2 Unity 2020.3.32f1

Comments

• You can assign an ActionList in your Load menu's SavesList element to run after the game is loaded, and in that ActionList add a Character: Move along path Action that uses the Stop Moving command to halt the Player.

Preventing the Pause menu from being available whenever the Player is moving would require a custom script, e.g.:

using UnityEngine;
    using AC;

public class LockPauseMenu : MonoBehaviour
    {

void Update ()
        {
            PlayerMenus.GetMenuWithName ("Pause").isLocked = KickStarter.player.IsMovingAlongPath ();
        }

}