Forum rules - please read before posting.

Animating using "move to point" issue.

I'm trying to animate my sprite character to "jump" onto a side table. I have a custom animation that changes the position and plays a jump animation at the same time, but after that animation runs, my player goes right back to the marker that triggers the animation. I added a "Move to point," my thought process being that it would help "keep" the player at the end of the animation, but instead, I get a nice fun bounce back and forth (See video)

What's the best way to go about using Unity's sprite animator, specifically using the transform properties, and telling AC that that is now where the character lives?

Dropbox link contains a screen recording of the issue as it plays out and a screenshot of the action list.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/vpqm2ersdmtywqqt69b7i/h?dl=0&rlkey=coyaby3y7nr2iys5d7fujjqnt

Comments

• Your first Character: Move to point and Character: Animate Actions are running at the same time - since the former has Wait until finish? unchecked.

If the "jump to window table" animation involves animating the sprite's position, then you'll have two operations that update it's position running at once.

This approach of animating the sprite child's position should work - but you'll want it to end by snapping the sprite back to a local position of 0,0,0 at the same time as snapping its root position to the tabletop. This can be done with the Object: Teleport Action.

This approach can sometimes cause a "flicker", however, while the Unity Animator takes a frame to update itself. Another option that might give you better results would be to use Timeline.

With Timeline, you can animate the character's root object position, at the same time as animating any sprite-swapping you need for the jumping effect. That is, don't offset the sprite child, but move the root object as normal. When exiting a Timeline, it should be the case that the character's ending position is respected and they remain there on the table.