Forum rules - please read before posting.

Receiving an error related to a Unity UI menu linked to AC

Unity 2020.311f1
Ac 1.75.0

I have a Unity UI menu that's giving this error and preventing the scene from launching:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
AC.MenuInteraction.CopyInteraction (AC.MenuInteraction _element, System.Boolean ignoreUnityUI) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/MenuInteraction.cs:121)
AC.MenuInteraction.DuplicateSelf (System.Boolean fromEditor, System.Boolean ignoreUnityUI) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/MenuInteraction.cs:105)
AC.Menu.Copy (AC.Menu _menu, System.Boolean fromEditor, System.Boolean forceUIFields) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/Menu.cs:368)
AC.PlayerMenus.RebuildMenus (AC.MenuManager menuManager) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerMenus.cs:155)
AC.PlayerMenus.OnInitPersistentEngine () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerMenus.cs:87)
AC.StateHandler.Initialise (System.Boolean rebuildMenus) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/StateHandler.cs:121)
AC.KickStarter.SetPersistentEngine () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/KickStarter.cs:182)
AC.KickStarter.Initialise () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/KickStarter.cs:1138)
AC.MultiSceneChecker.Awake () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/MultiSceneChecker.cs:43)

Relevant images:

Everything was working when I had only 2 of the buttons linked. The issue started when I went and linked all the 12 elements.

Any ideas what it could be?

Comments

• 12 elements as in 12 separate Interaction elements?

As a test, open up AC's MenuInteraction.cs script, and look for the following around line 121:

uiSlots = new UISlot[_element.uiSlots.Length];

Replace it with:

uiSlots = (_element.uiSlots != null) ? new UISlot[_element.uiSlots.Length] : new UISlot[0];

Does that resolve it?

• edited May 2022

Thanks, that worked!