Forum rules - please read before posting.

Not getting dialog options off

I'm having a door code question for several characters set on, when player needs to get in. There are various different hints how to get it. But all of the options should be turned off when player gets in. For some reason this is not happening. I tried both turning them off and turning them off premanently.

I'm using an AL asset to be launched when Keypad menu gets the right code. And the AL asset runs a scene AL to turn dialogs off.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Does running the scene ActionList manually (via the "Run now" Button) cause it to work?

You'll need to share screenshots, I can't tell any issue from the workflow you descibe.

• Here's some pics:
    https://imgur.com/a/OBBRnD5

AL works fine if I run it via Active Input, but never seem to work inside that entrance AL.

• Which Action in the first image is the one calling the second? Does the Constant ID value match?

Add an ActionList Comment Action to the second and have it print a message to the Console - so that you can check if it's being run at all when the first ActionList is run.

• Longer action is running the shorter. ID does match. I'm not getting the comment, so it doesn't seem to run at all. This is initiated by a Keypad - Pause menu, would it cause something?

• When I copied the AL into the keypad AL, in runtime there's a warning of not finding the reference. "Further controls cannot display because the reference object cannot be found."

• Keypad AL is an AL asset.

• edited May 2022

Longer action is running the shorter.

I'm asking about which Action - not ActionList.

This is initiated by a Keypad - Pause menu, would it cause something?

Does it work if Pause game when enabled? is unchecked in the Menu, or if Unfreeze 'Pause' menus? is checked in the Keypad AL?

What is your AC version?

• The objectives don't also get updated. Actions 2,3 and 4 should turn objectives completed. U2021.3.3, AC1.75.3.

This problem seems to be quite recent, but can't tell if this started around U2021.3.2 update or when.

• See my questions above regarding the Pause game when enabled? and Unfreeze 'Pause' menus? options.

Use further ActionList: Comment Actions before and after the Menu: Change state Action and see which ones are appearing in the Console.

• Well, this was stupid. I forgot my refactoring and since I didn't delete old ALs, I was making changes to the old one - not called from anywhere - and wondering changes didn't do anything... :neutral: