Forum rules - please read before posting.

return to last scene

hello again, I have a little problem.
I'm working on a game that in any scene there are puzzles, that puzzles are in other scenes, I want if the player clicks on that puzzle hotspot, the player goes to that puzzle scene and when done returns to the previous scene with preserved scene situation. thanks a lot, Chris. appreciate it

Comments

• my problem is just this section:
    "when done return to the previous scene with preserved scene situation"

• Is the issue that you don't know which scene to return to - since you can enter the same puzzle scene from multiple others - or that the scene's situation is not preserved upon re-entering?

See the Manual's "Saving scene objects" chapter for details on how to preserve changes made to a scene when re-entering it. If you want the Player's position to be restored as well, your best approach is probably to rely on separate Player characters specifically for those puzzle scenes.

If you set your Settings Manager's Player switching field to Allow, you can then assign multiple Player prefabs as well as define which scene they start in. These Player prefabs don't need to have graphics assigned - they can be invisible.

You could then, for example, create a "Puzzle A" Player that is located in your "Puzzle A" scene. To open this scene at runtime, you'd then use the Player: Switch Action to switch to this Player - instead of the Scene: Switch Action.

To return to your previous scene - and keep the regular Player's position in-tact - you could then use another Player: Switch Action.

A tutorial on working with multiple Player characters can be found here.

• thanks a lot Chris
    I used scene:switch previous in puzzle scenes to go to the level scene, but i want to go to the previous scene like when i left it. thanks

• If it's a case of having the scene retain any changes made to it since starting the game, you'll need to set it up with the necessary "Remember" components. Again, see the Manual's "Saving scene objects" chapter for detais.

If you need more specific advice on particular objects, share screenshots and details that show the issue.