Forum rules - please read before posting.

Trying to make a fast travel system

I have a map menu and once a room has been discovered it adds a button element to the map on that room, I link that to an action list that closes the map menu and switches scenes with an overlay scenes transition, works well and looks nice as it gives a passing of time feel rather than bam and you're there. The only problem is on arriving in the new scene my character is then distorted in scale rotated around Y and the cursor seems to be inactive. When you arrive in the room it places him at the default player start, and that is definitely scale 1,1,1. Could it be something to do with the player start has no 'previous room' attached to it?

Comments

• The Inspector fields of the PlayerStart are only used to determine which is used, if not the default. If you only have a single PlayerStart, and it's assigned as the default in the Scene Manager, it'll ignore the "Previous room" fields.

For the Player's scale/rotation issues: can you share screenshots, and is this Player spawned in at runtime or are they local to the scene? If spawned, and they were in the previous scene when the map menu was open, did they have the same scale/rotation issues?

A character's scale can be locked using the Character: Change rendering Action - were you using this at any point to set the Player's scale?

On a related note, a tutorial on creating a map-screen can be found here.

• Thanks for the reply Chris, There are other player starts in the room with previous room info on them, and a default one with nothing, There are no scaling issues in any of the scenes, but after switching via the map menu button's action list, it seems to be bringing in scale from the previous sorting map maybe? no idea why he is rotated though, or that the cursor can't click on anything after that so he is stuck in place. I did a bit more experimenting after seeing you map screen tutorial and it looks like that works fine, I made a new regular scene with a hotspot to switch scenes and it worked and he can move after that, no scale or rotation issues. I think I will have to make my map a scene of it's own rather than have it a menu, that's breaking it for some reason.