Forum rules - please read before posting.

Nav Mesh on multiple levels?

Is there an easy way to implement multiple nav meshes in one scene? Specifically, I have stairs in one of my scenes I'd like the player to be able to climb. I also have furniture I'd like the player to be able to jump up onto.

Comments

• Unity's Navigation tab will bake a NavMesh that is broken up into smaller chunks if the geometry suits it - it doesn't need to be one large connected mesh.

Having a character traverse between NavMesh gaps via pathfinding requires the use of Off Mesh Links, as well as custom scripting if you need to involve things like a climbing animation to play automatically when traversing one.

You can have your character make use off Off Mesh Links by making use of Unity's NavMesh Agent component - just add AC's NavMesh Agent Integration component as well so that AC can communicate with it.

Though, NavMeshes and Off Mesh Links are only used if you want characters to pathfind their way around the scene automatically. You could, alternatively, script the behaviour using Character: Move to point and Character: Animate Actions etc, possibly using a variable to keep track of what they're standing on.

I'm only speaking generally, though - if you can share more details I can give more specific advice.