Forum rules - please read before posting.

Different inputs for left mouse button.

The Title is probably not super accurate, But I'm not sure how else to say it in a short way.

For interactions in my game, I would like to be able to set up the left mouse button to automatically use the "Look at" interaction with that function changing with a key click (i.e. Player presses the "U" key and interaction becomes "Use" or Player presses the "T" key to "Talk to.")

I might not be looking hard enough, but I haven't been able to find any good resources on how this could be implemented within Adventure Creator. Any ideas?

PS. I can't code to save my life so if that's the solution, please try and explain in as simple terms as possible! I'm trying to learn still!

Comments

• If you set your Settings Manager's Interaction method to Choose Interaction Then Hotspot, and then check the Cursor Manager's Set Interaction with specific inputs? option, then Input button fields will appear inside each Interaction icon's properties box.

For example, the "Talk to" icon will have an Input button field of "Icon_Talkto".

If you then go ahead and define an Input with this name in Unity's Input Manager (e.g. with a name of "Icon_Talkto" and "Positive Button" of "t") you can then press this button in-game to switch the cursor to that icon, so that further clicks on Hotspots will use the Hotspot with that particular icon.