Forum rules - please read before posting.

Question about character animation return to idle

Hi, I'm a newbie and i trying to recreate the 2D tutorial with my sprite.
Everything works exept the animation of the player, he isn't returning into idle after a walk or talk action and continue the walking/ talking animation.
I don't know what i am doing wrong. Do i have to set in somewhere and how ?

P.S : Sorry for the bad english, i'm not very fluent.

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @Baoul.

How character animation is controlled occurs will depend on your character's "Animation engine". The default for 2D characters is Sprites Unity - is this what you're using?

For this mode, animation is played back automatically using a naming convention. If the expected animation doesn't exist, the last-correct animation will continue playing. The first thing to do is check the Unity Console when this occurs, as AC will display a warning message if it cannot find a character's expected animation.

If you're using the alternative, Sprites Unity Complex, then animations rely on the setting up of transitions in your Animator based on parameter values. You'd have to create transitions from your Walk -> Idle and Talk -> Idle states based on the "Move speed" parameter.

I'm only speaking generally here, though. If you can share screenshots of your character's Inspector and Animator, I can try to spot what the issue is. The Manual's "Character animation" chapters also elaborate on how to use these animation modes.