Forum rules - please read before posting.

Can't interact with hotspot

Here's another issue I'm having that I hope is not related to something basic I've overlooked. I'm trying to use a hotspot to switch scenes. When I put my mouse cursor over the hotspot, it displays the name, but I can't actually click on it. The cursor instead interacts with the NavMesh behind the hotspot on the floor.

Here are my hotspot settings: https://imgur.com/a/yRO7qd8

Comments

• The Interaction's "Player action" field is set to "Walk To". This will cause the Player character to move towards the Hotspot before the Interaction is run. It should be that the Interaction will run, but once the Player has reached the Hotspot.

If you want the Interaction to run instantly after clicking, you can set this field to "Do Nothing".

• Even when it's set to "Do Nothing," the actual interaction does not happen. I have it set to "Walk to because ultimately I want the Character to walk to the hotspot before the interaction happens. My issue persists regardless of what is selected for "player action."

• edited May 2022

Still, leave it as "Do Nothing" in the meantime so that we can discount it being a factor.

Do other Hotspots work in the same scene as intended? What is the result of checking "Single 'Use' interaction?" in the Hotspot's Inspector?

I'll need more context to understand the situation. Share uncropped images of the Hotspot's Inspector, how it appears in the scene, and your Settings Manager. You mention the NavMesh behind it - are the two overlapping in screen-space?

The ActionList looks fine, but you can test that it's being fired by preceding your existing Actions with an "ActionList: Comment" Action. Any text you enter into its text box will appear in Unity's Console window when run - this'll help check if it's being run or not.

• Here's the inspector and scene: https://imgur.com/a/G60LZca

checking "Single 'Use' interaction" seems to have fixed my issues. I can now interact with the hotspot as expected, and a console response appears. What does the single-use refer to? Are you only able to interact once or is it saying this is the one use of this hotspot? I'm just worried about not being able to interact multiple times.

• Thanks for the image - but I'd need the Managers as well to get the wider picture.

"Single 'Use' interaction?" causes the Hotspot to behave as though your "Interaction method" is set to "Context Sensitive" - i.e. a one-click interface where only the first-defined Use interaction is run. It's not referring to how many times the Hotspot can be interacted with.

• i'll open new thread! Thanks for your help