Forum rules - please read before posting.

Issue with character moving around scene very fast and nonsensically

I have followed up to 16:31 -to the best of my knowledge of the Creating a 2D game tutorial- perfectly. But when I play it, the character jumps around the scene, sort of in the same directoin, but he could loop around the navmesh a few times and then arive in that general area, either really big or really small. The speaker symbol also misaligns HE goes really fast sometimes or slow, and then will swing around.

https://imgur.com/anA3JYR
Here is an example of what it looks like. I can upload a video if you would prefer with my settings

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @ThreeCoast.

It looks like this is a case of the character's sprite not being at the same position as their root object - the speaker icon to the right of the character in the screenshot is their "root position", so this'll need to be where the character is as well.

If you check the Console window, AC should be printing a warning about this being the case.

To fix it, exit Play Mode, select the character's sprite child object, and set their Position values to (0, 0, 0) in the Transform component. This will remove their offset from their root object's position, so they should then appear correct.