Forum rules - please read before posting.

Fading Issue with VR

I seem to be having an issue with fading.

I have a simple scene set up and when playing in the editor the camera fades as it should when called via an actionlist. However, when testing in the Oculus 2 headset the fade doesn't happen at all but it waits the 10 seconds (as seen in the pic below) and then ends, as it should.

I'm using the MainCameraVR as instructed in the manual.

I've tried setting the MainCameraVR's facing direction to both Main Camera Componant and Camera Componant, to no avail :(

I'm using AC 1.75.2 and Unity 2021.3.0f1.

Comments

• Quest 2 isn't a platform that's supported by AC. The built-in fade effect relies on Unity's ImGUI mode, which I expect wouldn't work in VR.

An alternative method of fading is to rely on a Unity UI-based menu that covers the screen with a black image/texture, and then turn the menu on/off with a transition.

If you're looking to hide the entire player's entire view when fading, though, I expect you'd be better off with a custom effect. This could even be a fading sphere parented to the camera, and animated using Unity's Animation component.

• Thanks Chris. I'll use a menu for it :)