Forum rules - please read before posting.

Is there any workaround for currently held item with the amount?

What I'm trying to do is be able to drag items to a trash button that would delete the item. Now its fine for items that are not stackable but when it comes to stackable items that have maxcount greater than 1 it removes the entire stack.

So lets say on my first inventory slot, I have 8 stack of candies, I take 3 candies and drop it to the trash button which runs this simple code.

public void RemoveHeldItem()
    {
       InvInstance selectedInstance = KickStarter.runtimeInventory.LastSelectedInstance;

KickStarter.runtimeInventory.PlayerInvCollection.Delete(selectedInstance);
    }

That code removes the entire 8 stack of candies. I tried other properties too like: "KickStarter.runtimeInventory.HighlightInstance", "KickStarter.runtimeInventory.SelectedInstance" but I cant seem to find one for held item with the held amount. Whats the workaround for this?

Comments

• SelectedInstance is what you want - this represents the currently-selected item.

However, the selected item is not a copy of the original item in the menu - the two are the same. If you delete it, you'll delete both.

The difference in numbers (i.e. 3 selected, 8 in total) comes from the TransferCount vs Count properties. You'll have to account for this difference:

public void RemoveHeldItem()
    {
        InvInstance selectedInstance = KickStarter.runtimeInventory.SelectedInstance;
        if (InvInstance.IsValid (selectedInstance))
        {
            if (selectedInstance.Count > selectedInstance.TransferCount)
            {
                selectedInstance.Count -= selectedInstance.TransferCount;
            }
            else
            {
                KickStarter.runtimeInventory.PlayerInvCollection.Delete (selectedInstance);
            }
            KickStarter.runtimeInventory.SetNull ();
        }
    }

• ah TransferCount, awesome, I see now thanks.