Forum rules - please read before posting.

Black overlay appearing when playtesting 2D game

Hello all!

I am newish to Unity and very new to Adventure Creator, trying my hand at making a very simple point-and-click interactive fiction "map game" where players click on various locations on a map which trigger cutscenes and dialogue. I'm having a strange issue which I haven't seen discussed anywhere. When playtesting, anytime the cursor approaches the top of the game window, an empty black bar with two nonfunctional arrows fades into view.

It looks like this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15NLYjs50wp5IzPWrTFDW-9e9LraNj23J/view?usp=sharing

I have not been able to figure out why this happens, what the function of the bar is, or how to disable it.

As I'm hoping to host the game in a web browser so it runs on both mobile and desktop, I'm using "Game Camera 2D Drag" functionality. However, the issue persists when I switch to the standard "Game Camera 2D." I don't have any hotspots, inventory items, or really anything else developed yet other than drag-scrolling around the map.

I've thought about rebuilding everything from scratch to see when exactly the issue pops up, but haven't done so yet as I'd lose quite a bit of work. I thought I'd ask here to see if the source of the issue could be something obvious I'm missing, and/or what a fix might be.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @KarterAKA.

The bar you're seeing is the default Inventory menu - if the player is carrying any inventory items, they'll appear here.

If you have no need for this menu, you can either lock it (to prevent it from turning on) or delete it completely. Either way, you can access the Inventory menu's properties by choosing "Inventory" from the list of Menus in the Menu Manager.

More details on the default menus that AC provides can be found in the Manual's "The default interface" chapter.

• Thank you so much! I suspected it was related to the Inventory, but the "Menu Manager" was the missing piece for me. Will have to spend some more time getting to know that tab. Manual time.

Appreciate the support!