Forum rules - please read before posting.

Stop interaction / action list being completed on Inventory Open

How do I cancel current interaction when opening inventory?

so let’s say I click on exit, and my player starts walking towards exit, but then I decide to open my inventory. I want that action to cancel my going to exit and scene change

How do I do that?

Here are screenshot of my inventory and action list when turn on:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9nxs3nwknem7wmd/AAC29l1kk57ztAr-S2vNhe26a?dl=0

Comments

• If the Character: Move along path Action is used to stop the Player moving, it will also cancel their pending interaction.

• Thanks. And is there a clean way to choose for a menu to turn off when an action/interaction is happening? And then turn on again after? As if the player uses an object on a hotspot and this interact sets a variable but that action list is then killed on opening inventory, the variable will still be set abs not reverted?
  • A Menu with an "Appear type" of "During Gameplay" will hide automatically during a gameplay-blocking ActionList.

If you want to turn off a Menu while a particular Interaction is running, you can hook into the OnBeginActionList and OnEndActionList custom events:

private void OnEnable ()
    {
        EventManager.OnBeginActionList += OnBeginActionList;
        EventManager.OnEndActionList += OnEndActionList;
    }

private void OnDisable ()
    {
        EventManager.OnBeginActionList -= OnBeginActionList;
        EventManager.OnEndActionList -= OnEndActionList;
    }

private void OnBeginActionList (ActionList actionList, ActionListAsset actionListAsset, int startingIndex, bool isSkipping)
    {
        if (actionList.gameObject == gameObject) PlayerMenus.GetMenuWithName ("MyMenu").TurnOff ();
    }

private void OnEndActionList (ActionList actionList, ActionListAsset actionListAsset, bool isSkipping)
    {
        if (actionList.gameObject == gameObject) PlayerMenus.GetMenuWithName ("MyMenu").TurnOn ();
    }